Insane mantis ( slightly nervous)

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mantidkid

Reaction score
I was out when I got home my mantis was running around going crazy running around smacking into the walls and just going mental. I have three theories why:

. It is very hot and about 25 degrees c in my house (my mantis is rhombodera basalis)

. She/he is hungry I fed her/him a fruit fly (hydei) she/he ate it but then continued to go crazy.

her/ enclosure is to small ( I'm waiting on a bigger enclosure)

i opened her/his enclosure to give him/her another ff and he/she lunged for the exit straight away as if he/she saw her/his opportunity to escape. I'm kinda scared please help!

I can't really offer you much advice, but did you try misting her with water? And he habitats o increase humidity? I don't know if dryness causes this behavior, but it might be worth a shot.

25 degrees celsius is not too hot for a basalis. Maybe it just got startled. Plus they are one of the more active sp in my opinion (and also easily startled). How big is it? Maybe put a fake leaf in its enclosure they hide on or under it.

25 degrees celsius is not too hot for a basalis. Maybe it just got startled. Plus they are one of the more active sp in my opinion (and also easily startled). How big is it? Maybe put a fake leaf in its enclosure they hide on or under it.

I don't think it was startled as its still going crazy and it's been an hour since it started going crazy. He or she is l4 and is way to big for its enclosure. I'm getting a new enclosure tomorrow but I'm worried about  feeding it as I tried opening the cafe to pop in an ff and I almost lost my mantis so I'm worried about moving it into a bigger home tomorrow fingers crossed it is calm tomorrow but I think it's probably because of the small enclosure, thanks. I have lots of fake leaves to put In his or hers new home. As I was writing this I have seen that he or she has stopped, must've got worn out! :)

I don't think it was startled as its still going crazy and it's been an hour since it started going crazy. He or she is l4 and is way to big for its enclosure. I'm getting a new enclosure tomorrow but I'm worried about  feeding it as I tried opening the cafe to pop in an ff and I almost lost my mantis so I'm worried about moving it into a bigger home tomorrow fingers crossed it is calm tomorrow but I think it's probably because of the small enclosure, thanks. I have lots of fake leaves to put In his or hers new home. As I was writing this I have seen that he or she has stopped, must've got worn out! :)

Cage not cafe

Sounds like the mantis was stressed by the small space. Usually if they are running like that in a small area they calm down a bit once you actually get them out and they aren't constantly hitting walls.

Latest posts