new mantids

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danl82

Reaction score
Well I ordered some new mantids recently and I received 3 of these

Eremiaphila.jpg

however I had actually ordered 3 of these

epaphrodita musarum.jpg

It was a simple mistake at their end and very generously they said I could keep the eremiaphila anyway and they sent out the epaphrodita musarum aswell. They came from bugzuk and I definitely recommend them, always well packed and they ship quickly.  Fed everything this morning and they all ate.

I had actually wanted both these species but didn't intend it to be just yet.  So lucky me I now have both and the 3 creobroter gemmatus I had also ordered on top.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am glad that you got it all figured out! They are pretty cute! Good luck with them.

- MantisGirl13

Whoops...surprise. You'll like the Eremiaphilia they are fun little things. They remind me of Jimney Cricket...if he drank 10 cups of coffee & was a vicious hunter. They have these big eyes and they can run FAST!

Mine are to the point where they can eat small roaches & blue bottle flies. They love flies but since they can't climb I usually cut the fly's wings off for them so the fly stays on the ground & is caught easily....not that it's impossible for them to catch flying prey because they can, it just takes a while and I like to verify they got to eat before moving on. 

I gave them a couple of crickets, but they didn't much like the jumping. So hindlegs had to be removed. After that no problem. The way they hold and eat them reminds me of a corn cob, munch munch munch from side to side.

:)  That is a species that I really want to get. So adorable!

- MantisGirl13

Latest posts