Subadult Ghost mantis (mismolted?)

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ausar318

Reaction score
Hehe

Just thought I’d share this picture. She molted a little too close to the bottom of the enclosure, and she is “mismolted” lol. I think this is perhaps the funniest mismolt I’ve seen recently. She’s technically perfect, but her crown, well, you can see for yourself.

Now I can easily see where she’s looking!

1E90F348-EC7A-43BF-B7F1-4C41F881136F_zpsrxhvbyzu.jpeg

Yes, I loved the Snorks! She is a total Snork now 😁

Funny, One of my L4 nymphs just did the same thing. He has a 90 degree bend in his crown. I'll have to get a photo

That is adorable! I had an adult male ghost with that too.

- MantisGirl13

Cute! Sorry he ate a sibling! 

- MantisGirl13
Yeah, he's cute but that was a bummer for sure. My husband thought he had just molted and was eating a curly fly, but they have only been getting hydeii, so I knew it was a problem. Turns out he was standing next to a molt eating his sister

it may be time to separate them just to be safe

What instar is he? It is probably best to separate them now if cannibalism is starting to occur.

- MantisGirl13

@mantisgirl13 he is L4. There had been a bit of cannibalism at L1/2 but they've been fine since and numbers have remained stable. I have 22, well make that 21 lol, so I've had them in 4 communal 32oz cups for ease of care. They had food, so it wasnt due to hunger. I think I better seperate them just to be sure. Troublemaker/Mr Bendy is in his own cup digesting his meal

@mantisgirl13 he is L4. There had been a bit of cannibalism at L1/2 but they've been fine since and numbers have remained stable. I have 22, well make that 21 lol, so I've had them in 4 communal 32oz cups for ease of care. They had food, so it wasnt due to hunger. I think I better seperate them just to be sure. Troublemaker/Mr Bendy is in his own cup digesting his meal
Yeah, you probably want to separate now, Use bigger food, too, if you can. 

- MantisGirl13

Latest posts