Mailing mantises and ooths

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darth Mantis

Reaction score
What is the best way for me to ship mantises and ooths safely to people? If I walk into the post office with them or if I told them what I was shipping would they care? Anything I need to know I guess.

Don't disclose at all. Ship only i2 and older. Insulate your pack. Mist VERY lightly. If you require humidity, put something outside the cups to level the humidity differential. Never loose materials in the cups. Always signature required so if there's a missed delivery, they take the box back to the PO... dont want it left in full sun or in a hot mailbox. Tape your lids down if the cups aren't new. Provide good grippy lids so they can perch securely. Send when molts arent expected. Young nymphs have low mass therefore low inertia, so they tolerate acceleration better (pack being thrown around). Older nymphs should have a lined cup so they can grip (higher mass, higher inertia, higher momentum, higher collision). Heat packs when its cooler out.

Always best to ship on a Monday. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts