Maintaining Humidity in 32 oz cups

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ax55

Reaction score
How do you maintain humidity in deli cups and how often should they be misted? I want to be particularly achieving a humidity of about 60-80

What species are you asking for? Keep good ventilation but spritz in the morning and the afternoon depending on if there are still water droplets on the side. If there are then don’t re-spray.

And humidity doesn't have to be constantly that high. Just spray twice a day and they'll be ok.

- MantisGirl13 

So I plan on using wet coco fiber as a substrate that is replaced once a week. One spray in the morning and one at night. Sound good?

I got heating under control. I plan on putting the cups in a spare 20 gallon I have with a thermostat. At day I’ll use the lamp, at night the uth 

A bit of paper towel works better than coco fibre for ease of cleaning, unless your adding springtails. Just mist the paper towel and let it almost dry before misting again. I normally spray mine once a day or every two days.

image.jpg

Ya, paper towel works well, and its less expensive and just all around better for the mantis.

- MantisGirl13 

Alright guys. Thanks for advice and il take it on board. The enclosure was just misted before I took the photo. First time keeping orchids and I’m still waiting for my hygrometers coming.

The two biggest things to remember are:

1- don't overwater the cages, mold can be deadly.

2- don't stress too much about humidity levels; it's not a crisis if they drop too low for even a few days. 

- MantisGirl13 

Latest posts