DO NOT BUY FROM US MANTIS!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

levi sherman

Reaction score
Just a PSA for all the newbies getting started in the hobby. One of the most notorious scammers is USmantis. He has scammed a lot of people out of money. Go read some of the reviews he has on google. They are terrible. He often never sends the order or send the wrong mantis that is nearly dead. All the ooths he sells are infertile. Unfortunately when I got started in the hobby I spent a reasonable amount on US mantis. I order a few ooths and a breeding pair. Both ooths molded immediately after I bought them. And the pair of ghost mantids were very sickly and not even the right instar, and they both were missing a leg. You might hear good stories, but I promise you Craig, the owner of USmantis, is a scammer. Don’t spend your money here. He is selfish and mistreats his mantids and scams people out of money.

Thanks
I had wanted to visit them as a beginner wanted to see the operation. Also if I see I might buy as I might not have seen or thought of that item. But he was no visit rule, you can pick up at door but no tours. I kind of grew up with if you have a product or products you would want people to see. If you are all talk and no action you likely have nothing to show.

Thanks
I had wanted to visit them as a beginner wanted to see the operation. Also if I see I might buy as I might not have seen or thought of that item. But he was no visit rule, you can pick up at door but no tours. I kind of grew up with if you have a product or products you would want people to see. If you are all talk and no action you likely have nothing to show.
he likely doesnt want anyone to see because his facility is a mess and the conditions for his animals are horrible

Ya. I was talking to him about a trade for some of his Heterochaeta and he sent me a video of the hundreds of net cubes of underfed mantises in a messy room. He also scammed me out of an adult pair of orchids, and I lost over $540…

Ya. I was talking to him about a trade for some of his Heterochaeta and he sent me a video of the hundreds of net cubes of underfed mantises in a messy room. He also scammed me out of an adult pair of orchids, and I lost over $540…
Ahhh man that sucks big time
Dang! $540??? That’s insane, I didn’t realize how much a scammer he really is. I’m sorry that happened to you. How did you get scammed out of that amount? We should really have a pinned section about not buying from scummy websites like USmantis. I’m surprised he even was allowed an account. I tried asking for my money back and Craig was incredibly rude and kept bragging about how it’s his money and it’s my problem, not his. I wish I could do more to reach newbies about never doing business with this guy.

He sent me a sick female that was labeled as an adult but was clearly pre-sub. She died the day after she arrived. The adult male was old and missing a leg. He died two days later. I have never had a problem with orchids until the ones I got from him a year or two ago…

Ahhh man that sucks big time
Dang! $540??? That’s insane, I didn’t realize how much a scammer he really is. I’m sorry that happened to you. How did you get scammed out of that amount? We should really have a pinned section about not buying from scummy websites like USmantis. I’m surprised he even was allowed an account. I tried asking for my money back and Craig was incredibly rude and kept bragging about how it’s his money and it’s my problem, not his. I wish I could do more to reach newbies about never doing business with this guy.
You just need to look at breeders feedback.

Just a kind reminder for everyone to read the feedback rules before leaving reviews. It's important to find the existing feedback thread for the seller and leave your review there. Otherwise, breeder feedback will become disorganized and less likely to be seen... which affects us all. Also remember, the buyer leaves a review and the seller gets to respond. Comments from others not involved in the transaction are not encouraged and can often make these situations worse.

Here's the link to the Feedback Forum rules. 🙂

---
Thread 'Feedback Instructions DO NOT post if you have not read instructions.' https://mantidforum.net/threads/fee...post-if-you-have-not-read-instructions.17320/

---

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts