Help needed

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

karloose

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what's going on with my little lady? She has done her final moult and grown some lovely wings, but I noticed she now has a bubble or blister on the underside of her abdomen after moulting and doesn't want to eat now! Any help would be much appreciated

Attachments

• 20231214_195041.jpg
    20231214_195041.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 7
when did she molt and has she eaten anything since that final molt?
About 5 days ago now, I left her alone for 2 days as her shell was hardening. I put a small locust in her enclosure on day 3 and she was just avoiding it so I've taken the locust out incase it injures her (left it in there for almost 2 days). She does drink water off the sides, but looks like the blister/bubble is getting bigger now, looked everywhere to find something like it but no joy yet. I'll post another photo soon.

About 5 days ago now, I left her alone for 2 days as her shell was hardening. I put a small locust in her enclosure on day 3 and she was just avoiding it so I've taken the locust out incase it injures her (left it in there for almost 2 days). She does drink water off the sides, but looks like the blister/bubble is getting bigger now, looked everywhere to find something like it but no joy yet. I'll post another photo soon.
i never seen this blister thing before. Ive been in the hobby for a while now. Did she have this blister before she molted to or did it just appear after she molted to adult? I would say get different feeders. Maybe she doesn’t like the locusts anymore. mantises can be picky. You should try taking her out of the enclosure cutting the locust in half and shove a tooth pick thru it put the guts up to her mouth because most likely she is starving and she should take the food from you. Try that first. if not you should order some blue bottle flies or roaches. sometimes the food will be walking right past them but that still isn’t enough to get the mantises attention or they just don’t like the food, or the size. My mantises do it all the time to me and it drives me crazy! I doubt the blister is stopping her from eating.

Last edited:

Latest posts