Hissing Neyteri and Ateyo

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you noticing her getting fatter? You have a pair, right?

. . . 

- MantisGirl13

I have a pair. But I don't think she is fatter. It has been a while since I had her on my hand.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok. It's just that with my dubias when they are pregnant their abdomen stretches so I can see lighter parts that are normally hidden.

- MantisGirl13

Woah the last photo suggests something else, looks like a grandidieri/oblongonota/princisia vanwaerebeki hybrid. Definitely not tru portentosas is all i can say but their bloodline has gotten pretty muddled up. 

Did ppl mix a lot of hisser species together? This couple is my first.

I was cleaning Neys and Ateyos home and I saw Ney did color change again. The lighter colors turned dark brown now.

ney2.jpg

Did ppl mix a lot of hisser species together? This couple is my first.

I was cleaning Neys and Ateyos home and I saw Ney did color change again. The lighter colors turned dark brown now.

Yeah they did. Now Gramphadorhina portentosa is nothing but a mix of a bumch of jumbled up hybrids. 

Today I was feeding my hissers and I saw hisser babies: Ateyo and  neyteri had mated. later this week when I am cleaning their home I will count how many little hissers I have. and thinking what to do with them.

babies.jpg

I have cleaned their home and counted the babies: 35!!!  I didn't find the ooth they were in. I never intended to breed them lol

I thinking about selling them. I can't keep them all🤔 Feeding them to my mantids doesn't feel right because their parents are pets

I thought they are wearing the ooth till birth. Think my hubby will get crazy and the home is not big enough to house them all. Now they are small (L1) Maybe ppl like buy them and give a good home.

Latest posts