Mantis Constipated?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mraw

Reaction score
3 Days ago my adult female griffin mantis looked like she may have been laying an ooth (which would have been odd because she molted to adult just 2 weeks ago), on further inspection she was trying to defecate but couldn't get it out.  When you look at her you can see her straining to get it out.  I misted her and raised humidity with no luck.  She now has her abdomen bent and is still trying to get it out, i'm not sure what to do so any help will be appreciated.  Its been 3 days with no luck.  

Hmm can we get a video or photo? She may be releasing pheremones to attract a mate, as unfertilized females do this quite often. 

Hear is some photos, she is still eating but still has her abdomen bent most of the time.

I would love to see these videos but the Google drive is asking me to ask for permission. I have a praying mantis on my porch and it's abdomen is bent and pulsing and I thought it was pooping or something but it looks like no real progress... So I was hoping to compare what mine is doing to yours.

Latest posts