my kids and their mantids

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Engraver30

Reaction score
I am having alot of fun teaching my kids about nature. They love bugs and all other wildlife. Here are a couple pics of them with our first Chinese Mantid.

Thanks for looking

IMG_0187.jpg

IMG_0185.jpg

IMG_0182.jpg

Ha! What was your child in the first picture eating? I'd be careful letting them climb on your face. They will strike at the eye. I know from painful experience :x .

The mantid just finished eating and to date he has never struck or tired to bite any of us. My son thought he was a butterfly and tried to pollonate our flowers eairlier today and it stained his face. :lol:

The mantid just finished eating and to date he has never struck or tired to bite any of us. My son thought he was a butterfly and tried to pollonate our flowers eairlier today and it stained his face. :lol:
Still, I wouldn't do it. Mine cost me hundreds of dollars in eye surgery.

realy you needed surgery?

realy you needed surgery?
Yes. It hurt like @#*$@.

Ogiga said "I'm too scared that the kids would squish the mantis."

You don't know my kids, they are the biggest nature freaks in the world. You give them a forest and they will find any bug you can immagine. In fact my son just brought me home a L1 or L2 Chinese Mantid(I think) that he caught today over his friends house. My wife and I taught them to be respectful of nautre and not to hurt animals or bugs.

Besides, I am always within a few feet of them when they are handling the mantids and we only have one out at a time.

Gut thanks for your concern.

Tony

Latest posts