Need help breeding S supplicaria

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

levi sherman

Reaction score
I got an adult pair a week ago. The female started calling 4 days ago. I introduced the male and he seems to be interested. He slowly creeps up on her. But if she looks at him, he run away and show no interest in her after that. I’ve tried everyday and it’s the same thing. I keep the female preoccupied by a cricket. I keep their mesh cages together so I don’t know if that is an issue? This is the first time I have bred mantids. Please advise me on what I should do

I got an adult pair a week ago. The female started calling 4 days ago. I introduced the male and he seems to be interested. He slowly creeps up on her. But if she looks at him, he run away and show no interest in her after that. I’ve tried everyday and it’s the same thing. I keep the female preoccupied by a cricket. I keep their mesh cages together so I don’t know if that is an issue? This is the first time I have bred mantids. Please advise me on what I should do
Put the net cages in two separate rooms for a few hours. Then bring them both to a warm room, or bring the female to the male. Feed the female a big meal and the male a small meal while the female is infront of him eating. Try to do it closer to night.

Once he finishes eating, he should see the female infront of him. Then he will slowly creep up on her and jump on.

I usually wait until the male is connected before putting them in a large cage with lots of places for the male to hide once he is done.

If this doesn’t work while the female still has her meal, put the male and female on a flat surface. Put the male down first and make sure he isn’t being very active and trying to fly away. Then, place the female a few inches infront of him. Lightly blow on her to coax her to start walking forward. The male should notice her, and creep up on her and jump on.

Latest posts