Pseudomantis albofimbriata female

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, she only produced 1 ooth while she was with me but the area I found her in (my front yard) had the rest and since they are territorial and predatory and all I guessed they are all hers :p

Yes I am planning to keep more mantids... I don't know how I'll get my hands on the exotic species like P. wahlbergii because of Australia's strict import laws. Can ooths cross borders legally?

Wonderful pictures... Thanks for sharing...

Nice specimen, why is Australia so strict, I believe they do not allow toy BB guns as well, sounds a leetle protective...

Are they worried about a new species messing with their ecosystem?

Stefan, unfortunately, it is almost certain that any parcel with live animals will be detained. Many of my parcels to my sister living in Melbourne were quarantined for many months before reaching her. So it is extremely strict in Australia and foreign mantis will almost certain couldn't make, even the ootheca. Out-going parcel will not be a problem. A very unfortunate situation for mantis hobbyist in Australis i am afraid :(

Latest posts