Yet another question...

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MantisSouth

Reaction score
Is the any time during the year that you guys that are breeders are never in posession of a living mantis? (not including ooth)

Also.. someone else mentioned the legalities of shipping these mantids from country to country and state to state.. Could someone clarify this?

Theres been a VERY long chat about this somewhere on the form, basically we don't know if you can ship mantises as nothing has been officaily said. Although I personally don't see why you can't send things that are captive bred but hey... Also I have my mantis (and everything else) all year round.. no reason not too!

There have been all kinds of things "officially said." Did the head guy at APHIS get on TV an announce mantids are illegal to own? No. However, many many many people have talked to him and report the same findings as Jesse just posted in another post in this category. Whether people choose to believe them is the issue.

They do not die seasonally when raised in captivity, no. So, in effect, you can very well have them year round.

Latest posts