A few new photos

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guapoalto049

Reaction score
Haven't taken many pictures lately, figured I'd post these.

New ghost adult:

P8120642.jpg

192 Chinese nymphs hatching out:

P8080641.jpg

Ootheca comparison photo:

P8020638.jpg

Adult Phyllocrania and Gongylus ladies:

P8020637.jpg

Staredown:

P8050640.jpg

Pretty colors on the calling Rhombodera stalii:

P8050639.jpg

you actually took the time to count out all the 192 nymphs? =P
Lol sadly I did. Shows how much time during the day a college kid on break has!

I think my camera is getting messed up, every photo is blurry lately. It was pretty cheap and I know nothing about cameras-do they lose their quality after awhile?

Lol sadly I did. Shows how much time during the day a college kid on break has!

I think my camera is getting messed up, every photo is blurry lately. It was pretty cheap and I know nothing about cameras-do they lose their quality after awhile?
while cameras can break, I bet the reason is "low light". so the lens doesn't focus properly. it happens on mine once in a while, but the light levels have to be real low. also, it may just be giving you a poor apiture at the same time due to low light, thus also poor "depth of field".

still good photos. I can almost smell the sex in the last photos.

Harry

L6 female Idolo and adult female violin. The head and forelegs are the same size!

P8180651.jpg

I didn't think these guys could do it! L1 Chinese tackles a housefly no problem

P8180649.jpg

Idolo ooth from Frey, compared to a good sized Chinese:

P8170647.jpg

I'm 6'3 and the Idolo ooth makes my hand look tiny

P8170646.jpg

@ Mantidlord: Thanks man. The L1 violins take houseflies pretty readily since they're noticeably bigger than the Chinese. First time I've seen this though!

@Deadinthebasement: Here's a post I started about my Idolos. Idolo updates

I very much enjoyed all the pics! :D Kitkat beat me to asking if you'd really counted the 192 nymphs, lol. :lol: The female Rhombodera's are one of my favorites... always a soft spot for them. ;)

They really are a great mantis. They're my favorite mantis species due to their size, beauty, aggressiveness, and ease of rearing. Although I hear magic happens when Idolos become adult, so we'll see where I'm at in two molts...

Maybe it's just me, but I think "Staredown" looks a lot like a Pokémon battle between two Scyther. :lol:

Wild SCYTHER appeared!

Go! SCYTHER!

What will SCYTHER do?

• FIGHT
  • BAG
  • POKéMON
  • RUN

Latest posts