Paratoxodera cf cornicollis

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Think they are protected and rare, plu snever heard of them being kept in captivity

They are rare, but not protected. They just died quickly in captivity during every last breeding attempt. As often, the specimen figured is not P. cornicollis but a Toxodera species, in this case T. fimbriata.

This specie is so cool. I would love to see it in captivity...YEN!! When you are back to Malaysia, try to get to Sabah and get this specie into US.

Ah that really is a fantastic set, as well as a great Toxodera photo. There are some even more spectacular photos on the net, with bright red Toxodera, not sure if they would be Paratoxodera though?

Oh how I'd love to go to Borneo...

Ah that really is a fantastic set, as well as a great Toxodera photo. There are some even more spectacular photos on the net, with bright red Toxodera, not sure if they would be Paratoxodera though?Oh how I'd love to go to Borneo...
Went there last year and I can't describe how stunning the place is :rolleyes: Having to settle for boring old Costa Rica this sumer ;)

Oooooo I can't wait

Heheh thats my friend Artours photo, his photo of this mantis appaers here once a month :lol:

If you look at his recent photos he has a nice hooded mantis :D

BTW Ian do you have link to that bright red un?