Brunneria borealis L4 (Video)

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Precarious

Reaction score
I love the way she turns her head to look around. Likes to look right at the camera.

Take note of the long dark protrusions on the rear. The molt before this one she used them to grip the screen in addition to her legs. I've seen Heterochaeta occidentalis do this as well (I'll post a video at some point). They wedge them through the screen and spread them. Interesting that both species are built like phasmids.

I'm only guessing this is L4.

Pale green after fresh molt... She gets a little defensive toward the end.

Soundtracks by Precarious :walkman:

Wow, those antennas are crazy looking! That defensive pose was nice!
She wasn't mad yet. They can do a pretty cool threat pose. They will even open up those little stubby wings to show the red underneath. They will get their abdomen into it too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, those antennas are crazy looking! That defensive pose was nice!
That's why I call her Bunny. :D

I know, a bug named after a bunny? The real question is why is a bunny named after bugs?

She reminds me of some bizzaro world version of Bugs Bunny. If I could only train her to munch a little carrot.

lol@Kevin!!!

I hope she stays frisky as she becomes an adult! I know that Manny, my Carolina with a bad attitude, has and he showed off his wings for the first time yesterday and it wad RAD!!!

lol@Kevin!!!

I hope she stays frisky as she becomes an adult! I know that Manny, my Carolina with a bad attitude, has and he showed off his wings for the first time yesterday and it was RAD!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts