Oxyopsis gracilis mating and playing (videos)

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Precarious

Reaction score
My Oxy girl is hungry for Ghost nymphs! You can feel how frustrated she is that she can't get through the plastic to get at a snack. The funniest part is how she licks her lips when looking at the nymphs, and how they go out of their way to tease her. In the end the best she can do is get one to jump. :lol:

Music by Precarious :walkman:

Nymphs and ooths now available!

FOR SALE: Oxyopsis gracilis L2 nymphs & ooths

Last edited by a moderator:
The poor thing, I hope she got something to eat after the video. :mellow: Sometimes, my mantids lick their lips when they see me coming near the containers. They seem to know that it "might" be feeding time. :lol:

The poor thing, I hope she got something to eat after the video. :mellow: Sometimes, my mantids lick their lips when they see me coming near the containers. They seem to know that it "might" be feeding time. :lol:
Either that or you look delicious! Do you happen to have legs like a cricket? :blink:

Either that or you look delicious! Do you happen to have legs like a cricket? :blink:
Uh oh! :unsure: That must be it, they are getting rather spiky. :mellow: I guess I better keep up on the shaving before I get devoured by my beloved pets. :blink:

Hilarious! I'd love to see one of these in person (I'm half South American).

I feel the need to keep my H. multispinas from viewing eachother through their containers, they will try to get eachother all day and night. <_< I have 1 side of their containers with a big sticker on it so if I place the containers in the right directions, they will not be able to see their siblings. I usually only block them when they are ready to molt so hopefully they won't be frightened by a sibling and fall? :unsure:

I feel the need to keep my H. multispinas from viewing eachother through their containers, they will try to get eachother all day and night. <_< I have 1 side of their containers with a big sticker on it so if I place the containers in the right directions, they will not be able to see their siblings. I usually only block them when they are ready to molt so hopefully they won't be frightened by a sibling and fall? :unsure:
I separate cups if I see staring contests. I had the Oxy girl out while I cleaned her cup and she headed straight for the Ghosts nymphs. The Budwings and Popas do the same thing. There is just something very tempting about little black nymphs running around. Sometimes I find myself drooling over them too. :p

Latest posts