• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Mantidforum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FOR SALE: Oxyopsis gracilis - Adults, Nymphs & Ooths

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Precarious

Reaction score
Oxyopsis gracilis (Paraguayan Mantis) is a cool species of medium sized mantis. Adults are about the same size as adult Ghosts, bright green with cute triangular faces and unique orange and blue mouths. Males have transparent wings while females' are solid green with a white dot. Very easy to keep and handle.

Best of all THEY ARE COMMUNAL! Woo-hoo! ;) Keep them all together in a nice terrarium.

This is one of the most rewarding species I've kept and one of my personal favorites. Amazingly colorful as nymphs and fun to watch.

Nymphs are relatively calm and large, able to eat Hydei the same day they hatch. Very hardy nymphs!

Aggressiveness is very similar to Ghosts with females becoming more aggressive as they approach maturity, but I've keep all the adult females together with no incidents.

I have a limited supply of adult pairs available. Ready to breed within a week or two.

Mated Adult Females $20 each, 2 for $35

(Ready to lay ooths! I did all the work! Just feed and collect ooths!)

L2-L3 Nymphs 10 for $50, 20 for $80

Ooths $30 each, 2 for $50, 3 for $70

Shipping is $11-$15 Priority ($6 if ooths only), $25-$31 Express (depending on size of order and distance from PA).

I can only guarantee live delivery on Express.

US only for live mantids.

Females lay approximately 10 ooths, each hatching 30 to 80 nymphs, which can be kept COMMUNALLY! :)

I kept an ooth for myself from the last generation and raised them all together in a group enclosure. Now they're all grown up having their own babies.

Check my feedback HERE

Check out the color variation on the nymphs:

Oxyopsis gracilis - CRAZY COLORS!

Adult Male

OxyM_4322-sm.jpg

Adult Female

OxyF_4353-sm.jpg

L1

OxyL1_7976-sm.jpg

L2

OxyL2_8274-sm.jpg

L3

OxyL3_8644-sm.jpg

L5

OxyF_0111-sm.jpg

Enjoying a shower

Oxydrops_4510-sm.jpg

Oxyopsis gracilis nymphs hatch (photos & video)

Oxyopsis gracilis L2 & L3 nymphs

Oxyopsis gracilis mating and playing (videos)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Do you still have any nymph pairs for sale?!

Thanks,

Mandibles

do you still have the l5
All the L5s are now pre- or subadult. I'll soon have pairs for sale and possibly L2 nymphs. If you want I can let you know when I'm ready. Probably this coming week. I just got back from a trip so I have to count out and sex what I have to spare.