Oxyopsis gracilis adults

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Precarious

Reaction score
I've got 3 adult females and 2 adult males. I'm only breeding one but that will give me plenty of nymphs and ooths. I will breed the other 2 females if anyone wants to buy a mated female ($20?). PM me if interested in any of these (ooths, nymphs, adult females). I'm just trying to gauge interest. I got burned last year when I mated 10 females and no one bought any. :huh:

Personally, I really like this species. So colorful as nymphs and all different colors and patterns. Not as much variation in adults but some females are this odd shade of blue/green, and I've had one that was a pear yellow/green.

Adult Female

Oxya-f_8042-sm.jpg

Oxya-f_8045-sm.jpg

Adult Male

Oxya-m_8031-sm.jpg

Oxya-m_8014-sm.jpg

Oxya-m_8017-sm.jpg

Oxya-m_8020-sm.jpg

Oxya-m_8023-sm.jpg

Oxya-m_8025-sm.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
They also can be keep together =)

i have a 12.20 (adult) group and they are not really canibalistic (only a few males get eaten)

i love them

how communal are these guys? are they skittish?
Extremely friendly and curious. Like little monkeys! Once you set them free they roam all over looking around, taking everything in. Personality-wise, I'd say one of the best species available.

They are as communal as Ghosts, which means you can see occasional cannibalism and females get more aggressive as they mature. I raise mine communally, then separate by sex at pre or sub. It's fun to have a net cage full of them if you put in lots of branches.

More images and video:

Oxyopsis gracilis - CRAZY COLORS!

Oxyopsis gracilis nymphs hatch (photos & video)

Oxyopsis gracilis L2 & L3 nymphs

The females are very aggressive eaters too. I just threw these 2 adult crickets in and they were snatched up on seconds.

Oxyeat_8057.jpg

Oxyeat_8054.jpg

Oxyeat_8055.jpg

OK, both females taken. I will get to work getting them bred.

If anyone else is interested in ooths or nymphs PM me and I'll start a list.

Latest posts