My footage used by the California Academy of Sciences!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Precarious

Reaction score
This prestigious organization spotted my video on YouTube and asked permission to use it as part of a display on Idolomantis diabolica featuring a live specimen.

What an honor! :)

A big thanks to Lauren (LLCoolJew) in San Francisco for taking the video and great photos since I can't make it out to CA for the exhibit.

And a thank you to Molly Michelson of CAS for including me and giving Lauren a free pass on the $28 admission fee!

Woo-hoo!

zCAS02.jpg

zCAS01.jpg

zCAS03.jpg

zCAS04.jpg

zCAS05.jpg

zCAS06.jpg

zCAS09.jpg

zCAS08.jpg

zCAS10.jpg

zCAS11.jpg

I meant to tell you that in the bottom photo, the man was literally pointing the your video, saying to his wife "Look at THAT!!!". And the other guy's jaw dropped at the final sequence!!!

My bad, admission isn't $28... it's $29.95!!!!! https://www.calacademy.org/tickets/

The California Academy of Sciences is a VERY BIG DEAL, Yo!!!! As my people say: Mazel Tov! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats Precarious!

And thanks to LLCoolJew for capturing the event, being able to see pics of the exhibit and response from visitors is very cool.

Way to go Henry, I always knew you would get a break like this, simply awesome!

Thanks Lauren for being his eye's cross country, your such a sweetie!

But good God man that's a BIG tank to feed one Idolo in, they must let 50 flies go for him to get one or two, and is that water in the bottom of it(there not the most nimble)?

I have a photographer friend who is constantly complaining that his work is used (by orgs like BBC, Smithsonian) without asking permission so it's really cool that they handled it the way they did.

Awesomeness!! And well deserved. You really need a website... I for one would love to see the photos organized somewhere.

very nice henry well well deserved...your macro shots are incredible...thats seriously cool though having your video displayed like they are doing!

Finaly! I have been waiting and wondering when will you post it Henry :) Congrats! Do you know how long it will be on the exhibit? I am going there in July.