mating Creos

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlemmings

Reaction score
well last night I tried to put them together and he mounted her back, she had a fat cricket so I watched tv in the adjoining room so they could have a bit o privy

next thing you know they tossel and he skitters away...

today I am trying round 2...she has finished the cricket and only now he shows interest

111_0381.jpg

she keeps scuttling about with him hangin on...tossed in a couple BBF's

gonna have to call it a night soon.

anyone know if females are always so vibrantly colored compared to males?

my "perfectly molted" male died for no reason and was not as brightly colored. then this one came and lookes more pale than the female...WAY more pale

creos r a piece of cake to mate

i think they mate for more than just reproduction if u ask me

i had a creo pair once mate 4 times in the male's 2 month adulthood

the first mating yielded a fertile ooth (she laid 3 days after the first mating and mated again a week after laying, the ooth hatched a month later)

anyways good luck with these prolific little guys

Well it seemed to go smoothly, at first he paid her no attention, but after she finished the cricket maybe she moved around or possibly started "calling" or something because a few minutes later he was on her back. they connected but stayed together and were still at it come 9pm so I tossed in a few BBFs and crossed my fingers.

this morning they had seperated and were hanging out maybe 6 inches apart. I was so worried he would loose his head...lol

creos r a piece of cake to mate

i think they mate for more than just reproduction if u ask me

i had a creo pair once mate 4 times in the male's 2 month adulthood

the first mating yielded a fertile ooth (she laid 3 days after the first mating and mated again a week after laying, the ooth hatched a month later)

anyways good luck with these prolific little guys
Amen!

Check out this photo... All those are ooths laid in a single of cage over a week or so... crazy!

CreoHoddenOoths1.jpg

I wonder if they should be banned in tropical areas for fear of them being invasive

Sporeworld tried usin them to feed his idolos but they ended up eatin the idolos

My friend says they can survive at least 38 minutes in below freezing temperatures

Mine eat abt 8 flies and it's enough to fuel the final molt

Wats next??? :eek:

I should write a story abt the rise of creos in America....

I wonder if they should be banned in tropical areas for fear of them being invasive

Sporeworld tried usin them to feed his idolos but they ended up eatin the idolos

My friend says they can survive at least 38 minutes in below freezing temperatures

Mine eat abt 8 flies and it's enough to fuel the final molt

Wats next??? :eek:

I should write a story abt the rise of creos in America....
Ha! Blasphemy, I say!

I put the them together, so the Creos would eat off the excess flies. Of course, that explanation doesn't diminish how ambitious those Creos can be... Just makes me feel a little less heartless... :)

2nd ooth laid yesterday, male died (not sure how old he was as I got him in trade)

hopefully end up with a few fertile ooths.

Latest posts