Monster lobata

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Precarious

Reaction score
She looks oddly disproportionate in this first shot. Like she's 40 feet tall...

Dlobataa-f_5892-sm.jpg

Dlobataa-f_5911-sm.jpg

Dlobataa-f_5913-sm.jpg

Dlobataa-f_5903-sm.jpg

Dlobataa-f_5898-sm.jpg

Dlobataa-f_5896-sm.jpg

Dlobataa-f_5905-sm.jpg

Dlobataa-f_5904-sm.jpg

Dlobataa-f_5907-sm.jpg

Here she is fresh after molt. I was really hoping these colors would last.

Dlobataa-f_5590-sm.jpg

Dlobataa-f_5605-sm.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
One day I'll have to come over and show you how to use that camera, but not bad for a beginner... :eek: :p

I'll show how to get camera shake, out of focus, bad lighting...the whole nine yards. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
One day I'll have to come over and show you how to use that camera, but not bad for a beginner... :eek: :p

I'll show how to get camera shake, out of focus, bad lighting...the whole nine yards. ;)
Awesome! Thanks! They've been coming out a little too perfect lately. I miss working for an hour on each one in Photoshop getting them to look presentable.

Shame they don't stay that light after the final molt,but still beautiful adult regardless :) I like the darker BGs you chose for her as well in these

Henry: You did it again dude, you make me want this species. I have been flirting with the idea of giving them a try and now I think I must soon. Nice pics and a real way to show off this exotic looking species of Dead Leaf mantids.

Cheers,

Rich