Stagmomantis floridensis

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aNisip

Reaction score
So Saturday a friend called me up and told me he went night hunting and saw a couple of green mantids and wanted to know if I wanted them, so I said yes. And I picked them up yesterday and when I realized they were Stagmomantis Floridensis; I was tickled! So here are some photos of the two wild caught adult females, one bigger than the other. And today after I transplanted the larger more active female from the enclosure you see below, to a net cube, she gave me a wonderful surprise! Enjoy and thanks for looking! I will update this thread as more things happen...

-Andrew

Girl A

qNiwT.jpg

Girl B

1e9n3.jpg

Both of them side by side; Girl B is bigger by about half an inch

HhBpt.jpg

Enclosures I made last minute for them, before I transferred Girl B to a net cube

0nqjm.jpg

I was suprised by her suprise

Before:
oGnMw.jpg

After:
gXxUf.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Good luck. Don't sell to many ;)

Make sure you have enough to breed them again.

yeah they are a relatively new species to the hobby and to the bug world...I wont sell ANY until I get at least one gen to adult, then I MIGHT sell a few of the second gen. nymphs....hopefully my friend can get me a couple more so I can ensure another generation....

Last edited by a moderator:
Update: Girl A is very lethargic...and expelling liquid waste out of her anus, almost diarrhea like....looks like she is on her way out...

Update: Called my friend and asked him to collect more for me and he says no problem that he can find at least two more :D ...and Girl A passed...must've been really old...or sick before I got her...bummer! :( Hopefully I can get a couple more! ;)

Yeah Mike, sorry I want a good foothold for this specie to get established before I wear the individuals too thin...

I am going to make a list of (so I don't forget) ppl who want them, if you want to be on the list please PM me, I want this thread to be more like a log than advertisement, thanks!

List:

Alex -AgentA

Mike - Mime454

Damian- leviatan

Ryan -Ryan Minard

Andrew -brancsikia339

Last edited by a moderator:
Great finds! I will be in your neck of the woods in a week or so. I probably won't be able to leave Orlando. I would have loved to have found some these in the wild. At some point. I do plan on making a trip to Florida for some fishen, and bug hunting. I would love to find some little Yucatan mantids.

I have yet to see a Yucatan mantis...I don't even know where I would look for them other than the beach...all the best in finding some!

That would be great if you could find some, another sp to the hobby is always enjoyed! ;) especially one that acts like Metalyticus in so many ways...

I wish you all the best on getting them rolling Andrew! :)

And Ismart, Mickey's cool but bring your wallet, he uses the word $cha-ching$ a lot!!! :balloon:

Latest posts