Soon...very soon...

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aNisip

Reaction score
Hey guys, just figured I would share the news.Some of my wild caught individuals are almost adult...two sub females and a sub male...the male has really swollen wingbuds and has had them for a few days....im pretty sure tonight is the night...and im moving him into the big square net cage with bark...enjoy the pics!
brYNEp8.jpg
Q2uOWsF.jpg
CRwt7NL.jpg
CbcF10K.jpg
Uzk3ocI.jpg
F42FvNQ.jpg
IHBcyWj.jpg
hKStdjc.jpg

Very nice very nice! Now quit waving these candy bars in my face and hook me up with some :-D

That bark mantis looks so cool. Are they active?

Oh, and can you please make a circle around the mantis in the pics 4 and 5? My eyes hurt from trying to find them :eek:

These are Gonatista grisea, Florida Bark Mantis or Grizzled Mantis or Lichen mantis....too many common names so I just call them grisea ;)

And there aren't any mantids in the 4th and 5th pics......it is just their adult setup... :)

I do plan on breeding them, and spreading them throughout the members to get them in culture again... ;)

I'm going to try and keep the adult females together(once they get to adult)...they freak out when they see each other (run really fast in any direction away from the other) so cannibalism won't be a problem...

I love the tenacity of the Hymenopus Coronatus ! They seem so gentle, but if there is food, lookout! :chef:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts