2 questions i need answering please

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

macro junkie

Dead Leaf Mantis
Reaction score
Q - How long does orchid mantid male and female live to from nymph?

Q - How long does Pseudocreobotra ocellata - spiny flower mantis live to from nympth?

Q - How long does it take for Pseudocreobotra ocellata to get to adult from nympth?

Last edited by a moderator:
Q - How long does orchid mantid male and female live to from nymph? Q - How long does Pseudocreobotra ocellata - spiny flower mantis live to from nympth?

Q - How long does it take for Pseudocreobotra ocellata to get to adult from nympth?
Your questions don't have exact answers, feeding and temperature make a huge difference on growth.

Orchid - 3-7 months to maturity, 2-7 months after maturity

Spiney- 3-6 months to maturity, 2-5 months after maturity

Spiney- 3-6 months to maturity, 2-5 months after maturity
so if my room is 80f and feeding them lots of flys with pollen on do u think its pos to get them adult in 3-4 months from nympth

You wouldn't think they'd grow fast on flies but Yen seems to have good luck.

Q - How long does orchid mantid male and female live to from nymph? Q - How long does Pseudocreobotra ocellata - spiny flower mantis live to from nympth?

That's three questions MJ ;)

As Orin mentioned earlier, it is very much depent on temperature and amount of food. When keeping them warm and well fed, i have the following findings (Maximum is my own experience).

Orchid male from nymph to adult

2 months as nymph, 2-3 months as adult (Max 4.5 months)

Orchid female from nymph to adult

3 months as nymphs, 5-6 months as adult (Max. 11 months)

P. ocellata grows faster than P. wahlbergii, it takes about only 60 days for PO male to mature into adult whiile another 2 weeks for the female due to the extra shed. Both adult male and female P. ocellata been alive for close to 3 months now.