A feeling

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Allyn Loring

Reaction score
I'm at my desk filing through some forum topics this morning , and I have a strange feeling come over me ,I'm being watched.My chinese mantis is burning o hole through my ear.I got her ? months ago I believe she has gone through her final molt since its wings have emerged.It is in a ten gallon vertical, glass front, plastic hinge,screen vent.On the sides and back it is lined with cork bark paneling,an assortment of live and silk plants,pieces of weathered wood,and a screen hot glued to the top portion of glass.Well she? he ? seems happy .Its fed a combo of crickets and blue bottle flies. She has since I started this post changed her location in the enclosure but still has maintained a tactical visual .I wonder if I've forgotten anything that would make her short life a little more pleasant .I also wonder if she is in love or sizing me up for supper?!!!!!!!!

Mine seem to watch me, especially in the evening. My Chinese have made it more obvious than my Carilonas for some reason. Perhaps your mantis would like a mate, I had a male Carolina that made it very clear when he attempted to mount my finger. :lol: I felt so bad that I bought him a mate.

All of my mantids watch me. I have them all on a desk (in their own enclosures, of course!) in the corner of my bedroom. When I walk over there all their little heads turn to watch me. ;)

You could feed him/her honey on the end of a toothpick for a treat. My mantids love honey.

Oh, and to find out the gender of you mantis, count the segments on his/her abdomen. Six segments will be a female, seven or more is a male.

These are the classic signs of a stalker in the making. I would suggest slapping a restraining order on her/him before things get out of hand. :ph34r: