A few mantids photos :)

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Empiu

Reaction score
Hello!

I would like to present you a part of my collection. Enjoy :D

Theopompa spec. - she is amazing, beeing my fav. Hope to have some oothecas from her

P1014719.jpg

P1014716.jpg

P1014713.jpg

Hymenopus coronatus- have to feed her I know ;)

P1014710.jpg

P1014706.jpg

Sybilla pretiosa- fresh adult female. Hope that she will be mommy soon :)

P1014671.jpg

P1014673.jpg

Pseudocreobotra wahlbergi- she was scared, didn't wanted to make her antennae stand. Am I so scary? ;)

P1014693.jpg

P1014680.jpg

P1014683.jpg

It's my first time showing photos here so please be understanding :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ohh, they're all so pretty. I love the way the orchids seem to hide part of their face with their forelimbs. I can't help but think of a shy alien or like flower fairy thingy every time I see it. lol. It's so cute. Very nice!

wow..Theopompa spec. amazing..do u have any idear where i can buy some nymphs or ooths of this species?great photos

Thanks guys for kindly words :)

OGIGA this is my third generation ( so I didn't have to search for them ), and the also the last. Actually I'll make some reserch at the University in my city with Hymenopus. Did you know that it is possible to "make" partenogenetic female? I still don't know how but will find out :) I think some hormones need to be inject into felamale's ovary.

Trademark - I do agree with you - Orchids are exacly "shy aliens" :D

Macrio junkie I bought this female at the Hamm Show in Germany. She is WC, so possible that fertilize. I'm incubating her first ootheca. I know that friend of my friend ( which I don't know personally ) had the first nimphs from the female bought at the same show. The only thing I can do is to depend on my luck, because male is completely unavailable. It would be great to have nimphs because this species is really amazing, completely something else than everithing I had since started with mantis.

So please guys keep your fingers crossed :)

Last edited by a moderator:
OGIGA this is my third generation ( so I didn't have to search for them ), and the also the last. Actually I'll make some reserch at the University in my city with Hymenopus. Did you know that it is possible to "make" partenogenetic female? I still don't know how but will find out :) I think some hormones need to be inject into felamale's ovary.
If you find out, I'm sure that most of us here will really REALLY want to know how to do it! :)

Latest posts