A new home.

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scaddadle

Reaction score
I just thought up an idea that I could put my mantids in the large terrairum were i keep my cornivrous plants :) . Since it gets moistrized each day, its the perfect place to keep them. I am going to need large amounts of fruit flies(for both mantids and plants), plus flying insects are natural prey for my Venus flytrap, hooded cobra ext.

wish me good luch :)

Scaddadle: You are correct about the mantis climbing deep into the pitcher plant, that may not happen... But a Venus fly trap will trap a mantis in an instant if it steps/falls on it.

Trust me, its not going to get trapped.The traps are to small for the mantid to get into. The worst thing that can happen is a leg getting caught in the sundew plant. Even then I could just pull the leg off the plant.

I wouldnt keep them in with sundews if I were you. What if the mantis falls onto one of them?

I wouldnt take the chance.

Thanks,

Andrew

I got mine from a sort of herbelist convention thing. But I recomend you go to www.petflytrap.com. There they sell carnivouris plants, green houses, and soils. They even have a forrum which I'm a member of.

Latest posts