Ahoy from PA

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Macrossjs

Reaction score
Hi everyone, my name is James from Bridgeport, PA. I got into mantids when I was a kid. During the time when I was a little kid; I was living at the Philippines with my parents. I remember the day that my dad was teaching me how to ride a bike w/out training wheels in front of our house. After awhile we both decided to take a break and pick some Mangos for a snack. We had a huge Mango tree in front our house. While my dad was up climbing the Mango tree, he spotted a huge green mantis and showed it to me. If I can remember the mantis was all light green.. around 5 to 6 inches.. it might've been an asian giant female. I remember my dad feeding it huge roaches that he found in his garage, kinda freaked me out but was amazed when the mantis was eating it.

I was checking various mantid videos on youtube and found precarious. He suggested me to join the forums here for more info about them; and I didnt know that there were breeders and you can buy them!! :blink: My favorate type of mantis is the wide arm Cilinia Humeralis, I love its huge beefy arms, and its aggressiveness :D Hopefully someday someone can get a hold of them and breed them.

I just got my chinese L4 in the mail yesterday. I added some pics, he's pretty tiny, right now. :D Im hand feeding him small mealworms. Im planing on getting some tiny crickets for him.

BTW do you think his stomach is plump? I fed him yesterday twice and early morning today.

IMG_2927.jpg

IMG_2923.jpg

IMG_2926.jpg

IMG_2924.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the community! Everything looks good to me. Im sure your going to enjoy your chinese. They are cool critters.

Latest posts