AJ from TN...

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prozacwoman

Reaction score
...reporting in! LOL I live about an hour west of Nashville, TN, and I found a little green mantis outside yesterday. It had wings shorter than its abdomen, so I think it's a carolina mantid of some kind, but it wasn't very big, only about as long as my index finger. I put it back outside; I just wanted to show it to my two little girls. I think it was a female, and I think it was hurt or something because it wasn't acting well. Kinda like it was drunk.

Like I said, I live in TN with my hubby and 2 girls, ages 3 and almost 2, and I'm a stay at home mom. I love most every animal, but I especially like praying mantids. They're a totem of mine. Whenever I see any little critter, I always want to keep it and "mother" it. LOL But that doesn't mean I know squat about them. That's why I'm here. :D

I'm going to keep a lookout next year for some mantids, maybe get some from Gardens Alive! They're located up by my parents in Indiana. Last time I checked, they carried them, anyway. Hope they still do. Anybody know what kind the agricultural places usually sell you? Chinese?

Glad to be here, and busy "devouring" posts! :wink:

xo,

AJ

Welcome. The mantid you found was most likely at the end of its life as they die when it gets cold.

My parents live in SE Indiana, about an hour west of Cincinnati. In between Dillsboro and Milan. I went to Milan schools. Remember the "Hoosiers" movie? That's the high school I went to. LOL

xo,

AJ