ant mantids.

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

idolomantis

Reaction score
hi,

just wondering if ant mantids are hard to breed or care for.

does anyone has or know a link to a caresheet?

cuz i,m thinking of getting some B)

i know theres a caresheet on insectstore, but for SOME reason that aint working

Last edited by a moderator:
hi,just wondering if ant mantids are hard to breed or care for.

does anyone has or know a link to a caresheet?

cuz i,m thinking of getting some B)
they take a couple months to get to adult..when breeding if the female is feed good can lay an ooth every 3-4 days.easy to look after..1 thing tho thats important..they drink alot of water..be sure to mist every 1 or 2 days.The biggest ooth hatches about 35 nymphs.my last female laid 14 fertile ooths

they take a couple months to get to adult..when breeding if the female is feed good can lay an ooth every 3-4 days.easy to look after..1 thing tho thats important..they drink alot of water..be sure to mist every 1 or 2 days.The biggest ooth hatches about 35 nymphs.
sounds easy to me,

whatya give the nymphs as food?

I was also interested in this species, I was curious since they are so small when grown would they be able to live on fruit flys there entire life? or can they tackle a cricket?

I was also interested in this species, I was curious since they are so small when grown would they be able to live on fruit flys there entire life? or can they tackle a cricket?
i would say they sure can tackle house and bluebottle flies

as my ameles from 1 inch tackled a big 3 cm long, bulky fly (forgot the name in english <_< )

as i know that the smallest, are also the bravest ;)

frute flys from 1st instar...they feed on them fine;) wingless is better but if u can only get normal flute fly it wont matter

then can eat green and blue bottles from presubadult

I just got an adult pair. Luckily I breed them before the male died.

I'd say it's easy to breed them, and my female has been downing house flies, bluebottles and fruitflies. They don't need a lot of room, so a good mantis if you don't want to take up a lot of space.

I also read something about someone leaving two males and a female in the same cage constantly, no cannibalism. So if there's load of food I guess the can be communial, correct me if I'm wrong.

I just got an adult pair. Luckily I breed them before the male died.I'd say it's easy to breed them, and my female has been downing house flies, bluebottles and fruitflies. They don't need a lot of room, so a good mantis if you don't want to take up a lot of space.

I also read something about someone leaving two males and a female in the same cage constantly, no cannibalism. So if there's load of food I guess the can be communial, correct me if I'm wrong.
Thats a good awnser.

, no cannibalism. So if there's load of food I guess the can be communial, correct me if I'm wrong.
its strange..they live fine when adult toghther..i left a male and female in the same tank and they lived toghther fine for a few months.but when i housed the nympths toghther they started eating each other and they had lots of food in the tank all the time.

Latest posts