Any answers

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mantisman80

Reaction score
So I have a hierodula that fell on last molt so one whole side is damaged so I been hand feeding her a great diet of super worms, crickets, BB flies and gold fish, but today I went to check on her and saw her eating the artificial leaves quite a chunk out of it!! Anyone ever encounter this?

Sometimes they will grab the decor when grabbing prey and chew it just the same. It takes them a while, sometimes, to figure out they don't have the right thing. :lol:

Yeah I've encountered that Patrick but there is no food in the enclosure to get confused she was just munching on it plain as day! Then I gave her a cricket with tweezers and ate 2 large ones quick but I possibly think she's needing more than I have been giving her

Well first of all, its a hierodula, second of all, its a hierodula.....lol she'll eat a ton! Maybe she just wanted a nice fake snack...like mantis McDonalds.....lol :p

I had a mismolt that I had to hand feed 100% of the time, once I caught her eating the paper towel in the bottom of the enclosure. I figured she was so used to just eating whatever i put in front of her that it wasn't much different for her to just eat anything near her mouth.

Latest posts