Anyone feed mantids night crawlers?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
they wont eat them and the slime would not be appealing either to the mantis as they would refuse to touch worms as I tried and the mantis would not touch it at all!

My local pet store has superworms, mealworms, crickets, nightcrawlers and waxworms , I have crickets but i want to add more to their diet . I would choose flies but they dont eat them and most moths are slightly to big.

Last edited by a moderator:
i would keep trying flies just leave the flies in the container with the mantids and they will catch the flies as they will eat them if they are hungry enough!

Yea, worms are yuck! but one of mine did eat a slug once. yuck twice! superworms and all u posted will be fine, just alternate food so they dont get fat.

they wont eat them and the slime would not be appealing either to the mantis as they would refuse to touch worms as I tried and the mantis would not touch it at all!
Yes they will. I have done it but I do not recommend it as a staple. Not really a food mantids would eat normally.

Latest posts