Archimantis latistyla (Australian Stick Mantis) L5

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Precarious

Reaction score
Another species with interesting patterns and color variation.

AlatistylaL5_9697-sm.jpg

AlatistylaL5_9691-sm.jpg

AlatistylaL5_9698-sm.jpg

AlatistylaL5_9734-sm.jpg

AlatistylaL5_9705-sm.jpg

AlatistylaL5_9722-sm.jpg

AlatistylaL5_9729-sm.jpg

AlatistylaL5_9707-sm.jpg

AlatistylaL5_9756-sm.jpg

AlatistylaL5_9750-sm.jpg

Could see by size...Males from giant species are often very small compared to females.Wish you bred them.

Wow very nice! Non of my 6 are green. What stage are yours at? Mine are taking there sweet time...

Wow very nice! Non of my 6 are green. What stage are yours at? Mine are taking there sweet time...
L5, like is says in the thread title. Yeah, I lucked out. I have 5; one is green and red, another is orange/brown, and the other 3 are pretty similar but with varying degrees of redish rusty brown. I can't get over the insane patterns on their backs.

Wow I must be really out of it. Or I could be really stupid :D

all I know is they look great. if bred, add me to the list...that's how much I like the looks of them. plus, I'm thinking of getting anything from Australia (mantid wise).

Harry

I'm sure you'll have a female. Hopefully extra males for her Haha! I like the look of this mantis!

Henry: You have brought out the best in this rarely seen species from down under. Good luck mating them and getting some oothecae and then to hatch, and them to to molt and live to another stage.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can't get over their patterns and I can't get over the pix and vids you continue to share with us Henry! Whenever you post we all know we are in for a serious treat! Thanks for posting brother, as usual your work ceases to amaze me.

As always, very nice pic! All the best in breeding this species. It was quite a challenge for me, as in my case the mated female took a long time to deposit ooth and hatching rate wasn't great either, better luck to your batch.

Latest posts