Bartek

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
received from Bartek some Deroplatys lobata nymphs...some are died during the travel (I think it is normal for L2 ) but the other looks healty and active

bought from bartek/frey even though there feedback was grim (bartek and frey are the same seller/a couple i found this out after enquiring with various others in the uk/irish mantis scene) i took a chance and i sure wasnt disappointed paid for 20 orchid nymphs to be shipped in a cardboard box and didnt pay until i had a guarantee of live arrival or refund for deaths which i got -

ok great - so heres when things went pear shaped - bartek/frey were selling nymphs that they didnt even have for sale i had to wait on them to buy them from another polish breeder - ok that was sorted ,

next after guarantee of them being shipped in a box i get an envelope dropped on the floor in my house a week after they sent with a priority sticker on it was 3 x 100ml tubs with a lid on them containing a total of 4 nymphs alive out of 20 and a further 3 died a day or 2 later -

- took photos for bartek/frey and now the guarantee of live arrival/refund now wasnt vaild as delivery took a week and he only gave the guarantee for 3/4 days - so thats there logic the shipping they use takes a week and they no longer honour the refund -

- he/she does offer replacements when more orchids are on the market or when he goes to malasia in 3 months and i didnt want to wait that llong so was offered some giant shield pairs as a replacement which i accepted and there is no sign of them showing up - all the time this was going on there were numerous messages ignored

im still waiting on some giant shields i was promised as replacements which i doubt will ever arrive

moral of the story i and so does anyone buying from these gangsters needs there head examined , bartek/frey are a disgrace to the mantis community , complusive liars and only interested in the euro signs as sooon as they have them €€€ in paypal all regard for the buyer and the mantis goes out the window

Last edited by a moderator:
Bartek is a known exporter of mantises from Poland to other countries. Mantidforum does not condone importation of mantises into the USA and we want to warn our members that we do not allow US members to post feedback about their importation of mantises into the US unless they have the permits. This means that you won't be able to read in this forum a list of feedback reviews (good or bad) from Bartek's US customers. Historically we allowed them and historically the reviews naturally reflected more negative reviews than good ones because people are naturally more likely to take the time to post a review if they are upset.

This post is here to educate our members about that risk and the additional fact that imports from other countries like Poland often experience very lengthy delays, sometimes for weeks. Mantises in a box for this length of time inevitably show up dead. It is a historical fact that many members blame exporters in situations like this and expect a refund. But of course, the shipper is going to blame the slow postal service for events beyond their own personal control. Sometimes it takes 4 days and sometimes it takes a month. Arguments ensue.

If you have read this discussion of the situation, consider yourself forewarned that this forum will take no action for your decision to import into the US without a permit. It is a cascading series of risks for you to import illegally.

Finally, we have three requests.

Bartek must include a link to this feedback thread in every sales ad that he creates.

Bartek cannot solicit US members.

US members cannot post feedback in this section.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts