BB fly extraction cup

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davedood

Reaction score
Here's my method to getting the flies out and ready for 3 min. in the freezer. This way you can just dump them right in.

DSC09260.jpg
DSC09261.jpg

My method is similar, but have completely elimintated the freezer. Cup O flies, plastic tube, 20oz water bottle. Works everytime, no excapees!

You can actually leave your flies in the fridge all time.Flies will live longer.

Of course not :p

But Ive kept bb alive in the fridge for about two months ive heard six but haven't seen it happen personally

The only thing is for some reason it makes them harder to stun in the freezer, may need a few minutes longer..

I tried storing my flys in the refrigerator, but they died.

(within minutes of my wife shoving them up my @%$# while screaming and yelling)

now I keep them in the garage.

Last edited by a moderator:
I store my BB's in the fridge. I take them out every 4-5 days to warm up and feed for an entire day, and then back they go to the fridge, repeat. Mine live well past 6 weeks in the fridge.

I have found that BB's that have been staying in the fridge the longest, should be put in the freezer for the shortest to be safe.

I've fed BB's off in a hurry, and sometimes when the BB's from the fridge awaken from being out in the warmth for too long, I'll run over to the freezer and stun them. The BB's that have been in the fridge for a longer period do really bad in the freezer.

I've had BB's that have been living in the fridge for over a month, perfectly healthy looking once warmed up, but if they are put in the freezer for just a 1 min... most die...

I just stick their entire cup in the freezer. The flies not used don't seem to be bothered by it once they warm up.

Latest posts