begginer mantid, HELP!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MANTIS DUDE

Reaction score
Hi, i am going to perchase a mantis in a few weeks. I was considering giant asians, but then i found out that they only live several months. :wacko: :( So if anyone could recamend a begginer mantis that lives longer that would be very much apresiated! :) :D :)

Hi, i am going to perchase a mantis in a few weeks. I was considering giant asians, but then i found out that they only live several months. :wacko: :( So if anyone could recamend a begginer mantis that lives longer that would be very much apresiated! :) :D :)
uhm... the most mantids live a several months when adult, thats normal

if you want an long living pet try a tarantula or some larger phasmids.

Im not so familiar with mantid yet but i do know about a few. If you want a mantid that lives for a long time I would suggest a Blepharopsis mendica (Devils Flower Mantis). If you want something hardy, then a Sphodromantis lineola (African Mantis). If you want something aggresive then I would suggest a Cilnia humeralis (Wide Arm Mantis). Want something thats looks cool then I would suggest a Deroplatys desiccata (Dead Leaf Mantis), a Phyllocrania paradoxa (Ghost Mantis) or a Psuedocreobotra wahlbergii (Spiny Flower Mantis, #9 Mantis) Hope this helps you identify what mantid to get.

Unfortunately most inverts have short life spans. So my advice - get a male/female pair and try breeding them, that way you get to keep them long term without having to constantly buy more pus you get spares to sell/swap. :D

you should get some chinese mantis or some european mantis, they're both really good to start with!
Oh i have heard of those, they look realy cool! I want a mantis that is easey to breed and i have recently changed my mind about giant asians. thank you! :D :D :)

Im not so familiar with mantid yet but i do know about a few. If you want a mantid that lives for a long time I would suggest a Blepharopsis mendica (Devils Flower Mantis). If you want something hardy, then a Sphodromantis lineola (African Mantis). If you want something aggresive then I would suggest a Cilnia humeralis (Wide Arm Mantis). Want something thats looks cool then I would suggest a Deroplatys desiccata (Dead Leaf Mantis), a Phyllocrania paradoxa (Ghost Mantis) or a Psuedocreobotra wahlbergii (Spiny Flower Mantis, #9 Mantis) Hope this helps you identify what mantid to get.
Wow, i realy aprectiate how helpfull and detailed your reply was! That was realy great! :)

I just realized your avatar is a mantis bigger than a house!! Love it.

I'd go for a Texas unicorn, the females are among the longer lived species.

Last edited by a moderator: