• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Mantidforum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Beginner mantises

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slong15

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm new to mantis keeping, but im very excited about it :D ! I've been reading all about mantids and feel like im ready for some now. I was wondering if anyone had any mantises for sale that would be considered easy keepers for my first time. Thanks!

Check out Mantisplace.com. Rebecca is a member here. Very experienced, she'll take good care of ya.

Not only mantis but everything you need to go with them. ;)
Also, you would do well to check out forum breeders who are selling in this section. Check out their feedback and send them a p.m. They are usually extremely helpful and often offer great deals. The usual advice, though, is to avoid nymphs at "first instar" or L1, because they have a lower survival rate and don't travel well.

Also, you would do well to check out forum breeders who are selling in this section. Check out their feedback and send them a p.m. They are usually extremely helpful and often offer great deals. The usual advice, though, is to avoid nymphs at "first instar" or L1, because they have a lower survival rate and don't travel well.
Phil is correct. There are several wonderful breeders on this forum. Sorry guys, didn't mean to leave anyone out in the cold. You know I get a free mantis every time I mention her site :p :lol: Please, check their feedback, again as Phil mentioned.

Latest posts