Bit by the bug.

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spark

Reaction score
Hi!

I'm pretty fond of animals (and carnivorous plants, and other fun stuff like that.) I very fondly remember catching and keeping a female Chinese mantis when I was about 12. (It laid an ootheca and everything, it was really awesome! We put her tank outside after she died, so that the babies could escape out into the wild when they hatched.)

I've always loved mantids. And now I am putting together a terrarium, and I'm considering populating it with something interesting. Mantids* are on the list of things I'd like, and a friend pointed me at this forum as a good place to learn about them. But even if I don't end up putting one in my terrarium, after reading about and looking at so many awesome mantises I think I'll be getting one soon anyhow.

So I figured I'd join up, drop in, say hi, and see what's going on. Looks like there's a lot of great advice here.

*Right now I'm leaning towards trying to get my hands on a spiny flower mantis, they're pretty much my favorite species as far as appearance goes, although the Chinese mantis is on the list too, mostly because it's easy to come by and I remember my childhood pet fondly.

Hi Spark, and welcome to the forum... glad to have you here. :) Best wishes to you in setting up and getting your vivarium going, and revisiting mantis keeping! I'm sure you'll enjoy keeping them again. ;)