Blepharopsis mendica

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bugger, you`ve got some before me!

Lol, i want to get some nymphs though, ooth are to expensive for me, hay are you going to the BTS in may Scott?

Bugger, you`ve got some before me!Lol, i want to get some nymphs though, ooth are to expensive for me, hay are you going to the BTS in may Scott?
yes..i want to go there and sale some stock..do u know how i go about getting a stall? there.have u got a link to a web page about the event?

i've got 3 Blepharopsis mendica oothecae at the moment, will give you guys a shout when it hatches

Just paid a visit to my friend - both her females mismoulted, which desulted in deformation of their wings. Plus, both males died before mating...

Couldn't be worse...

Just paid a visit to my friend - both her females mismoulted, which desulted in deformation of their wings. Plus, both males died before mating...Couldn't be worse...
Dang, that's a shame. Does your mate have another male? i could do with one right now (last one died)

Nah - these two were her last ones, so a great shame all the way - and of course it would be inappropriate to sell the females with deformed wings, which render them almost impossible for a male to mount...

So - poo happens :mellow:

Well, but I still have mine, and they are sweet! I wish I had a good camera, because today they were practicing acrobatics - and they made a mantid pyramid! One was hanging from the mesh screen, and then one jumped on it! Then the encumbered Blepharopsis jumped on another's back - hehehe, that was quite a feat for 5th instar! Surprisingly - there is less and less hostility between them with each passing day - they stopped having fights, they do not display threat pose - nothing, just pure peace.

Maybe thats because I keep them in a pot, our English teacher said that the pot can make people lucid and serene - maye the same happened to them?

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts