Brand new to this...

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lis

Reaction score
Hello from Utah!

So, my bug crazy daughter had a birthday, and my sweet Mother-in-law wanted gift suggestions. The party was bug themed, so I suggested MIL could get her a bug catcher/container of some sort. Well, next thing I know, MIL has a baby Mantid on its way to our house, courtesy of Bugsincyberspace. "BuggyGirl" has now been with us almost 2 weeks, and I am frantically trying to learn how to take care of the cute little thing.

I was not too excited about the idea at first (my other forums are Dolls and Kids clothes), but it is really growing on me. It is a wide-armed mantis, and I'm looking foward to learning a lot from you all.

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum good choice on a Wide arm beautiful mantis.

Welcome. Be sure to try the search feature for the basics.

Hello and welcome to the forum... nice to have you here! :) I think keeping mantids is a great experience for kids (of all ages!!!)! You've come to the right place to learn about your little one. Hmmm.... who knows.... it just might blossom into a new and exciting hobby for YOU! ;) :lol: Good luck with your mantis, and I hope you find keeping and learning about it as enjoyable as lots of us do! :)

haha, the guy above me is a nut! :lol: Welcome to the forum. From OHIO!

You should know though, that old "my kid has a mantis" has been used before, it's ok to tell us that it is yours :p . We've all got the disease too! Course while I am telling you about it, You might as well know this to, and that is theres no known cure. Once u got it, u got it for keeps :rolleyes: And the worse part about it is it will spread throughout your house, your kids, your neighborhood, then the schools and the universities and the church's and before u know what has happened! BOOM! The national guard will have to come quaranteen u and yours. :blink: Just thought u should know! OH! and before I forget, I am in touch with the sheriff around these parts and if u try to leave with the mantis, well u will not get far :ph34r:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts