Breeding cockroaches so you can save money feeding mantids

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Liam Sinclair

Reaction score
Hi, so just for background info i work at a reptile store. I constantly get asked about how to do things cheaper or cut costs etc so i addressed it in a video. As i am an avid mantis keeper, i thought the video may be useful to some members of this forum. 

the original cost of buying the dubias was £2 or $2.53!

I can make other videos on little tricks iv'e learned at work if people are interested, just give me a shout :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for this. I have a dubia starter set and a bunch of nymphs dubia coming from the states. 

The set comes with buffalo beetles for housekeeping. Are you saying that's bad for baby dubia? 

Thanks! 

Thanks for this. I have a dubia starter set and a bunch of nymphs dubia coming from the states. 

The set comes with buffalo beetles for housekeeping. Are you saying that's bad for baby dubia? 

Thanks! 
Not necessarily, my babies also feed from the orange! Id say it should be okay because you are supplementing additional food items. Feel free to subscribe, im going to be making more videos about mantids as well as other money saving ideas etc.

Latest posts