• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Mantidforum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Brunneria borealis nymphs

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spawn

Reaction score
Nymphs are popping out one a day so far it seems (up to 6 so far). Species is totally parthenogenic - all females. Longest mantid native to the US, and a cool looking grass mimick.

Just want to see who would be interested. I don't think I'll keep all the offspring, but we'll have to see how many pop out! Shoot me a PM or respond here if you're interested, just to give me an idea.

Hey! A response! Yes, I will let you know when I think they're ready to ship. Eight hatched out so far, one mortality so far. Feeding them on D. melanogaster.

I coulda sworn these were just as sought after as Orchid mantids a 6 months ago, and would have expected more interest. Oh well.

I might be interested, depending on the price.

Where in NY are you? I may be able to skip shipping and pick up if you're in the Westchester area.

I'm about 350 miles from you.

I don't know about price yet. I will update this when the nymphs are old enough to sell.

10 nymphs hatched so far. 8 of them are actively feeding on D. melos. They seem to take three days before they're interested in food, and I've noticed cannibalism [or an attempt at it, rather] in a couple of them. One just hatched out this morning. None have molted yet.

Back down to 7 with the random mortalities. One has molted to L2, but lost two legs in the molt. I think I'm going to wait another couple of sheds before selling them, as it's still pretty small and fragile.

I've always wanted one of these guys. So there's no males in that species what so ever?

I'll be interested in getting a couple once you have a set price, and they're old enough for selling. ;)

-Andrea

Back down to 7 with the random mortalities. One has molted to L2, but lost two legs in the molt. I think I'm going to wait another couple of sheds before selling them, as it's still pretty small and fragile.
if you sale them all what are you going to breed with?

Latest posts