Bugnapper lamp?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crazy4mantis

Reaction score
Bioquip has the same thing for $38.75. I will try one this june. If it does not work, I can get 100s of moths around Ellsworth. Alot of the businesses have great moth lights.

The trick, as I see it, is to capture the insects alive so you can throw live insects to your pets. If they go into water or alcohol, you have dead insects.

I wonder how the Bug Napper keeps the live insects from crawling out? A fan?

Has anyone tried to catch wild bugs for food, I tried but they were to fast. So please keep me updated. :)
Years ago during a summer in New Mexico I had a "bright Idea" to leave the porch light on and take a vacuum out and vacuum up all the moths and insects near the lights. After a few minutes I must have had at least a couple hundred grams of various-sized insects conveniently stored in the vacuum "chamber."

It was pretty fun. :p I ended up dumping them out on the ground and they continued on their various ways.

I have a kid's butterfly net and catch flies, bees, and small grasshoppers for my mantis

You do have to be careful! I fed a Creo what I thought was a stink bug, 2 hours later he hadn't eaten it so I removed it, and in the morning he was dead. In hindsight I think it wasn't a stink bug, maybe a type of assassin bug, and probably bit and injected him.

Not to brag or anything.

I think if I were to catch bugs in the summer, I wouldn't try chasing after them with a net. Go with tricks and traps and baits and such.
pI just go out with my hands. I have the worst reflexes and H-E coordination. I'm still able to catch a ton where I live, which is pretty urban, but I have a yard and a tiny creek.

Latest posts