Can someone reccomend me a mantid?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

collinchang635

Reaction score
Can someone please reccomend me a mantid to buy? I would like to have a mantid that is bigger than 6cm and is quite aggresive. I would also like something tha looks quite cool and exotic. I hope the mantid would not be too expensive also. :D

As far as I know, it's impossible to attribute all of those factors to one mantis :lol: The closest mantis that I can think of that adequately fulfills those requirements is the Shield mantis.

The looks of the mantis is not so important. As long as the mantid is big and aggresive, I'll be quite happy. :D

Chinese is the most common that fits your specification. If you can get your hands on budwing, they're more aggressive.

African mantids, giant asians, wide arms, etc

How big are wide arm african, giant asians and bud wing mantids? Are they easy to take care of? Do they need any special enviroment?

How big are wide arm african, giant asians and bud wing mantids? Are they easy to take care of? Do they need any special enviroment?
Africans, wide arms, and budwings are medium size mantids. The giant asians are large. They are easy to care for. They do not need anything special really. Only possible issue with the largest mantids are that the gravid females eat a lot.

Id say wide arms, seems like in my searching all I hear is how they will attack anything.

Latest posts