Chinese l4/l5 fungal infection? help

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zemata

Reaction score
Hello I'm keeping three Chinese mantids all are at l4 or l5. I came home from a trip to find one with a cloudy black eye and splotches on its head. I immediately cleaned out its tank by scrubbing with dish soap and water and dried it out with some fresh paper towel inside. I've been keeping the mantis out with me when I can so it can get a good amount of air.

When I got home there were two vomit/diarrhea spots, but it hasnt done that again since. I have misted it a few times with a 50/50 water and vinegar mixture. Just now I swabbed it with the same mixture and was able to remove the small chunks on its head but the eye is the same. The mantis seems normal and active, looking around and swaying. I havent fed it since, but I'm going out for some crickets tomorrow. Any advice?

You sprayed the mantis with a vinegar/water mixture? I wouldn't advise doing anything like that unless this is some technique I have not heard of yet. Take a look at the source of your crickets. They may be unhealthy if the place you get them from isn't caring for them properly.

Latest posts