Creating the mantis keepers of tomorrow

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paradoxica

Reaction score
The last couple days I've brought a mantis in to school for the kids to practice drawing. They are completely enthralled with mantids now! Their work is actually quite impressive given that they are 4-5 yrs old and have never seen, let alone drawn a mantis.

IMG_0830_zpsad4c91f3.jpg

IMG_0835_zps294bf4f8.jpg

IMG_0821_zps5c06bac2.jpg

IMG_0845_zps32b56df9.jpg

IMG_0844_zpsc3f1de0f.jpg

They seem to all agree that Texas Unicorns consist of "A leaf and a log"

Thats awesome! I wish more people knew about mantids, they are quite awesome pets

It truly is like cave art, it's art without any of the foundation that the rest of us have picked up inadvertently through exposure to the styles and techniques of others. It's so primal and real.

It truly is like cave art, it's art without any of the foundation that the rest of us have picked up inadvertently through exposure to the styles and techniques of others. It's so primal and real.
You would probably like my buddy's art. He somehow maintains that looseness yet renders it with depth and primitive sophistication.

http://jessereno.com/

radiate-like-butterflies.jpg

the-horse-and-the-rider.jpg

Haha that's great. Good on your for doing that. I brought an Idolo into a college bio class a few years ago. People were acting like kids they liked it so much.

Latest posts