Deroplatys Lobata breeding and humidity

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mantless

Reaction score
After I started breeding Chinese Mantises for pest control, I was introduced to this species through the tarantula forums last year and bought two specimens that lived out their entire lives. Unfortunately, the two specimens I bought were the same sex so breeding was not an option for me.

I enjoyed the species so much I recently came back to this mantis forum and purchased more. However, I started to notice that a lot of people say a Deroplatys Lobata is a hard species to keep both for breeding and just care in general. I didn't have a problem with them the first time, but is true that this species is notoriously hard to keep and requires very high humidity levels?

I wanted to start breeding them (which I hear dis also difficult), but I'm also kind of excited haha. How would you rate this species?

Deroplatys has always been my favorite genus. I think they're more moderate in terms of difficulty unless you're totally new to keeping invertebrates. They used to be a lot harder to get so I think there may be a little stigma that newbies shouldn't keep them.

Latest posts