Deroplatys2112

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ranitomeya

Reaction score
Purchased five mantises and only three arrived alive. They were shipped express in an envelope with very little insulation rather than a box and were contained in a flat tubberware container with a loose, folded piece of paper towel that unfortunately crushed one of the mantises to death during transit. The other casualty was the result of cannibalism that could've been prevented by having them in something more spacious or by packaging them individually.

His shipping methods could definitely use improvement and were not safe for shipping mantises. If they had been shipped priority the same way, there probably would've been more losses.

Same as above.

Purchased 20 mantises and only 10 arrived alive and in good shape. They were shipped express in an envelope with very little insulation rather than a box and were contained in a flat tubberware container with a loose, folded piece of paper towel that unfortunately crushed 3 of the mantises to certain death during transit (missing limbs/bend raptors). The other (what appear to be 8) casualty seem to be the result of cannibalism (or where simply shipped dead) that could've been prevented by having them in something more spacious or by packaging them individually.

Can not recommend - No replies back after 72 hour of sending Jorge pictures of DOA's

Going to have to jump on this same bandwagon - due to no response. I tried to wait a few days to see how he wants to proceed, but I'm not hearing back and now I see others are having the same issues.

**BUYER BEWARE**

Ordered five nymphs, he sent exactly five and one did not survive, two more are in pretty critical condition. Same issues others have listed - packaging wasn't very good, paper towel looks to have been as much of a problem in my case as with others. No food to speak of. I suspect I'm just out the nymph(s) at this point. I've had some doa's from others in the past and this is the first "breeder" to be so sloppy and unprofessional. I consider this to be a mantid version of a puppy mill.