Desperately need help/Fruit Flies

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarissaK

Reaction score
I went to feed my mantids and ran out of ff in my culture about 2 weeks ago. I have been trying to find more and made an order online but these people haven't shipped and are not answering emails so I am in desperate need of a culture shipped to me. I will pay for culture and heat pad and all that. My local stores have none and I am up creek. Please let me know if you have a culture to spare.

Are you in the states? You can find melanogaster in Petco, just make sure you pick one that is producing and not dried up. If your mantis is big enough, you could also try giving them wax worm or meal worms, they will happily eat them if you cut off the heads of the worm and put the end of the gooey side to their mouth, they will hold it with their arms after a few second.

I ordered some stuffs from mantisplace.com recently and Rebecca shipped the next day, and she is one of the most trust worthy seller in the business.

You can get some fruit, like a banana or apple, put it in an escape free container, fill it up a bit with water. Let it rot, the fruit flies will come. They will be flying ones so it will be hard to transfer them to your mantid but if you are desperate, it's an idea.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts